Grace Warren Designs

Grace Warren Designs

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter

I am all about getting things ready for any holiday.  I am struggling a bit this year with not wanting to fill all of the eggs for the easter egg hunt with candy.  It seems that for every single holiday known, my little ones end up with enough candy for a village full of kids.  Now, we certainly allow them to have some, but the rest ends up on top of the fridge for mommy and daddy.  So what is the big deal?  About 5 pounds per holiday I am averaging for weight gain because the candy calls to me ever so quietly at first....and then turns to an all out scream by day two and I give in.  I try to take some to work, but working in an environment where we are preaching a healthy lifestyle it doesn't seem to be welcomed there either.  (It actually does get eaten at work by my co-workers, but I hate the guilt I have when it is in my home and I then just pass that guilt onto my friends at work).

That being said, I do love decorating and getting little items ready for Easter.  I created these little guys to fit onto the bottoms of Hershey kisses, peanut butter cups, or rolos.

and this set is great, too


Now if I could just find the plastics eggs I bought last year to do our egg hunt for Easter morning...

Enjoy your Easter!
♥Shelby

4 comments:

  1. how clever and so cute...Happy Easter!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have a toddler so I didn't want to put candy in her eggs. I put some teddy grahms (some chocolate dipped for a treat), raisins and play dough. She loves all those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out adorable and your photos are great! I know, I too have a toddler so we try and do alternatives to candy. This year I found jumbo Easter Eggs, so he's getting little toy cars in the eggs.Great first post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words everyone! So glad to see someone is out there reading these little notes!

    ReplyDelete