Grace Warren Designs

Grace Warren Designs

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cake batter bark

So I do a lot of searching for healthy foods....but I always end up finding things that I know I shouldn't eat....but MUST.  I found this amazing blog that covers a few of the bases I love...fitness and food!

http://www.howsweeteats.com/

She made chocolate bark (one of my favorites to make at christmas) but added a little something to it. CAKE MIX!


Here is her recipe:
Cake Batter Chocolate Bark
6 ounces high quality dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70%)
12 ounces high quality white chocolate (I used Lindt)
3 teaspoons yellow cake mix
sprinkles of your choice (at least 3 tablespoons worth or more)
Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour chocolate on. You can smooth it with a spatula to the thickness you desire. Stick in the freeze for 20 minutes.
Melt while chocolate. Whisk in cake mix slowly, stirring well until no lumps remain. Let it set for 3 full minutes (or at least until it slightly thickens). Remove baking sheet with chocolate from the freezer and immediately pour white chocolate on top. Sprinkle on sprinkles. Freeze for 20 minutes.
Once set, break into chunks. Keep refrigerated.


I can't wait to try it!

♥Shelby

6 comments:

  1. That looks like an easy recipe - and it looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmyyy!! I think this shall be my weekend project :D Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish!!

    Found you on the Etsy Blog Team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really easy! Is it really sweet though?? hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really sweet...made it today for a staff BBQ and you could only have one piece. BUT I didn't have the white chocolate instead I used vanilla flavored bark which made it really sweet. So I think that I will try it one more time with the lindt chocolate (they were sold out at the store)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that looks so yummy!!! I must try it!

    I'm your newest follower, found you on Etsy! :)

    Lauralee

    ReplyDelete