Grace Warren Designs

Grace Warren Designs

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Easy DIY Baby gift

I have a lot of friends who have had babies and I always struggle with what to get them.  I like to be creative, but practical.  And since I have my own little ones running about, I don't have time to shop around town or print off registries.  Plus, babies grow out of clothes so quick and diapers are needed, but impersonal to most (even though I remember wanting them from visitors instead of outfits because they never got worn as cute as the clothes always were)

So I came up with a cute and budget friendly way to give something unique.

I bought a fancy frame from my local fabric store (you know the kind that gives crazy 40% off coupons every week but everything is on sale so you can't evenuse them).  Anyway, I got a frame that was already matted so I didn't have to buy one.  I was also on a time crunch. I had to buy the frame and give the gift within hours of each other.  I work best under pressure (that is code for I procrastinate but manage to get things done on time)

Then I edited the text I wanted in photoshop.  Nothing fancy....Just justified the text to fit.  I used the newborn stats and did the font in something clean and classic so that it can be kept around for a while.

The nice thing about this is that they can reuse the frame for years to come. You can't (and should not) say that about diapers ;)

To make it even easier, I made it fit on a regular piece of paper and just taped it in place.



Here is the design closeup (I blurred the little guy's last name...)

Enjoy creating one!
♥Shelby

2 comments:

  1. What a crafty super cute idea!!! I love it! :)

    Your newest follower,
    -Laurie

    createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable gift ideas. Loving all your tutorials.

    http://glasspoppies.blogspot.com/
    http://glasspoppies.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete